Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eat Wild

After commenting on this Grist article about a vegan/omnivore alliance against animal factories, a helpful commenter pointed me towards Eat Wild to use as a resource for my omni friends. Basically it's a clearinghouse of information about pasture-raised meat, eggs and dairy.

It includes maps of local suppliers with bios and information about each farm, plus suppliers who will ship.

I haven't spent a ton of time looking around on it yet, and it seems like it could have a bit slicker of a design, but I'm really really glad it exists.

I will never eat meat again, but that's more of a personal issue I have based on how I think about and interact with animals. I know a lot of people just don't have that kind of relationship or perception and I don't expect them to.

What I do hope for is that when people do eat meat, they choose a source that is healthier for them, less dangerous, better for water and air quality, and preferably minimizes pain and suffering over the life of the animal. It's good for everyone - except gigantic factory farms, and EFF those guys. I'm talking to you, Monsanto!

No comments: